Facilities and Grounds
To maintain the church and Manse buildings/grounds in order to ensure the infrastructure will facilitate the worship, work, mission and ministry of the congregation.
Brief History of Infrastructure:
Campbell Memorial Presbyterian Church was first a frame building with a bell tower, built in 1891 by congregation members and named in memory of its first pastor, Rev. William Addison Campbell. As the church grew, in 1938 the congregation decided to build a colonial church using bricks made in Weems. In 1952 land was donated for a parking lot and a new manse by Mrs. J. O. Dameron and her daughters, Mrs. Margery Edmonds and Mrs. Mary Meade Woodson. An educational wing was added in 1953, providing class rooms, space for choir rehearsal and a conference room. The Narthex and balcony were added in 1977. The Ministries Building containing the fellowship hall and upstairs classrooms was completed in 1985. The chancel/pulpit area was renovated and additional class rooms, storage room and restrooms were added in 1997.
Mrs. Dimple Gravatt donated a new brick sign in 2000 and the original bell sits on the top where it is rung every Sunday morning before worship. In 2002 a Cemetery Memorial Garden was developed.
In 2009 the church front entrance was remodeled by Hertzler and George under the leadership of Elder John Hill. The project also included a handicapped ramp and fellowship garden.
Campbell Memorial Presbyterian Church, 3712 Weems Road, Weems VA 22578, 804.438.6875